East Central MS anticipates hiring a full-time Lab Technician.
JOB TITLE: Lab Technician (#130.40)
General Statement of Duties: Conducts routine tests used in diagnosis or treatment of disease for patients of ECMHCI.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (Not all-inclusive)
- Receives and collects specimens. Organizes and prioritizes work duties.
- Identifies and labels specimens.
- Performs medical laboratory tests for evaluation of individual health problems.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment, glassware, instruments and work area.
- Prepares solutions and reagents.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and places requisitions.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings and education programs.
- Follows assigned schedule and work procedure in each area of the lab.
- Uses correct standard laboratory procedures and accurate lab test analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining proper quality control procedures.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as required.
- Performs all related work as requested/required.
Compliance measures of OSHA, CLIA and ADA and works within the scope of acceptable Quality Assurance policies and procedures
Medical terminology to communicate with lab staff and providers
Laboratory techniques to perform routine lab tests
Laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and minor troubleshooting of instrumentation
Chemistry to understand/identify reactions in tests
Basic computer skills
- Identifying minute abnormal details of specimens under a microscope
- Operating a variety of lab instrumentation
- Preparing written computations utilizing standard formulae
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and schedule form and follow written protocols
- Compile, gather, collate and classify information about data in a systematic manner
- Work independently
- Communicate clearly
- Maintain strict confidentiality
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Standardized POLT requirements as to experience/knowledge. High School Diploma or equivalent. Salary is depending on education/experience. Whether clinical or administrative, may be required to work at any ECMHCI location.
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com to apply for this position.