ECMHCI offers comprehensive family medical and dental care including--lab, X-ray, urgent care, immunizations, EPSDT, diabetic foot care, hearing & vision screenings, physical development analysis, family planning, health education, diabetes education, and Medicare wellness exams.
Dental services include restorations, extractions, X-rays, root canals, crowns & cleanings.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, Mississippi CAN plans and all major commercial insurance.
Call one of our clinics for an appointment.
Contact the provider on call at 601-781-7126 for afterhours needs.
We offer a sliding fee discount to those who qualify.
Certified Application Counselors are available to assist with enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Translation services are available at no charge.
Pharmacy assistance is available through the 340B program.
Transportation services available.
BREAST AND CERVICAL CANCER PROGRAM (BCCP)
East Central Mississippi Health Care Inc (ECMHCI) participates in the Mississippi State Department of Health Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program. The Program strives for early detection of cancer in those women at highest risk. Typically, these women are the uninsured, the medically underserved, minority, and elderly women.
With federal and state matching funds, the Program offers Pap exam screening services at selected locations and ECMHCI is pleased to be one of the approved sites for these services. The services are provided for “uninsured” women between the ages of 40 and 64.
Mammography screening is available through other contracted providers (hospitals) by referral from the approved clinic locations. This service is provided to uninsured women between 50 and 64 years. There may be times when special funding has been made available and women age 40 and 49 are offered the service.
Special exceptions are available for women between ages 18 and 39, but prior approval must be received first.
ECMHCI provides appropriate referral vouchers for mammography and certain qualifications must be met which include family income.
For additional information, please ask the Receptionist or your Provider.
ECMHCI offers mental health services. These services are provided on our sliding fee plan. Pharmacy assistance is available through our 340B program. Gaydon Nowell, Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, treats all mental health disorders including depression, anxiety, substance use disorders, ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, and many more.
What are some warning signs of mental illness?
Each illness has its own symptoms, but common signs of mental illness in adults and adolescents can include the following:
- Excessive worrying or fear
- Feeling excessively sad or low
- Confused thinking or problems concentrating and learning
- Extreme mood changes, including uncontrollable “highs” or feelings of euphoria
- Prolonged or strong feelings of irritability or anger
- Avoiding friends and social activities
- Difficulties understanding or relating to other people
- Changes in sleeping habits or feeling tired and low energy
- Changes in eating habits such as increased hunger or lack of appetite
- Changes in sex drive
- Difficulty perceiving reality (delusions or hallucinations, in which a person experiences and senses things that don't exist in objective reality)
- Inability to perceive changes in one’s own feelings, behavior or personality (”lack of insight” or anosognosia)
- Abuse of substances like alcohol or drugs
- Multiple physical ailments without obvious causes (such as headaches, stomach aches, vague and ongoing “aches and pains”)
- Thinking about suicide
- Inability to carry out daily activities or handle daily problems and stress
- Intense fear of weight gain or concern with appearance
Knowing warning signs can help you know if you need to speak to a professional. Getting an accurate diagnosis is the first step in successful treatment.